Person-centered care is an enhancement of what we already do: treating the patient as an individual, fostering a proactive approach to care, and working as a team to promote overall health and wellness.
WE TRUST YOU, OUR PATIENT, TO…
- Share your health information with us— your illnesses and conditions, your needs and concerns.
- Participate in the planning of your care, and then stick to the plan. Learn about health and wellness, and how it impacts your life. Tell us if your wellness plan is, or is not, working.
- Tell us about your other doctors who care for you, or tell us when you see other doctors so that we may coordinate your care.
- Share medication information with us. It is important that your prescriptions do not interfere with each other. Plan ahead; ask for refills when you visit the office.
- Keep your appointments as scheduled, or let us know if you must reschedule. Learn about your insurance plans, and ask us if you have questions.
- Be ready to pay your portion of the fee when you have an office visit.
OUR PROMISE TO YOU AS AN INDIVIDUAL…
- Provide you with a care team, led by your physician, who will know you and your family, coordinate your care, and provide usable information that you need for your own health and wellness.
- Respect your privacy by guarding your medical information, and respect you as an individual by never making judgments based on race, religion, sex, age, or disability.
- Inform you when you need vaccines and preventative care, and remind you when tests are needed.
- Offer 24/7 access to the on-call physician for urgent health care questions as they arise.
- Provide the services you need for short-term illness, or long-term conditions, and create written care plans for complex illnesses.